Friday, March 13, 2009

Obama wasting a good crisis?

Today President Barack Obama took issue with his previous pronouncements of economic doom and gloom, raising questions that he may be at risk of wasting a good crisis.

Speaking to a group of evil corporate CEOs who flew in on their private jets on Thursday the President said, "I've never bought into these Malthusian, woe, Chicken Little, the earth is falling. I tend to be pretty optimistic."

Obama went on to say, "I don't think things are ever as good as they say, or ever as bad as they say. So last month when I warned that if Congress did not pass my stimulus bill, it would turn a crisis into a catastrophe, when I made dire prediction after gloomy forecast of endless doom, when I spoke endlessly about 'the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression', that kind of demagoguery was really off base."

The stock market plunged, driven by fear that the President was in dire jeaprody of violating his administration's slogan, voiced by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel and Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton: "Never waste a good crisis."

No comments:

Post a Comment